Monday, February 25, 2013
Last Week's Frugal Accomplishments
-We ate through the pork roast much faster than I anticipated. Instead of being tempted to go grocery shopping or grab a meal out, I used the last of my homemade pasta sauce and some pasta I bought on sale weeks ago. We had a simple spinach salad based on what was in the fridge.
- I reorganized my freezer above the fridge and my chest freezer. I'm doing my best to make sure that all of our frozen foods are being rotated regularly. I found 2 lbs of butter and some pork steaks I thought that we had already ate.
- I made some fruit cobbler with some blackberries and blueberries from my freezer.
- My husband brought home some leftover pizza from work.
- JoAnn's had a Presidents day sale. I have been waiting to pick up some heavy duty thread to repair a button on my winter coat. Can't wait to get my coat fixed.
- Took an online survey, earned $10
-My dear husband broke my Rubbermaid mop a few weeks ago. I've been making do until we can save up enough to replace it. My husband has been pitching in with keeping the floors cleaned.
- We are running low on dog food. I've been adding some white rice to the dog food to stretch it out. (We are getting a new bag later this week).
- We completed our transition from traditional cell service to VOIP and pre-paid service. We negotiated a lower internet rate. In total, we will be saving over 48% or $804/yr.
- We sat down and made a plan to pay off the last student loan within 5 years. It's an reasonable plan that still allows us a little wiggle room for "rainy days."
- When we went to reconciliation, we ran errands on the way home, saving gas.
- Got a free product coupon for pulled pork.
- Got a free Air Wick sample.
- Earned a $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card. We will save it for a coffee date next month.
- Called my friend who is coming to visit this weekend. I found out she gave up meat for Lent. I was planning on making a roast while she was here. Now that I know her dietary restrictions, I can plan ahead and we can avoid eating out because I didn't have anything pre-made.
What were your frugal accomplishments?
Check out The Prudent Homemaker for more frugal inspiration.